PhD candidate in Department of Education with an emphasis in teaching & learning
Research interests: digital literacies, maker-based education, STEAM
- Ph.D. in Education (in progress)
- M.A. in Education, Research project on Stepping Into Your Future program
- Center for Education Research on Literacies, Learning & Inquiry in Networking Communities
- 2009-2010 Philip and Helen Green Research Fellowship
Graduate research fellow
- 2009-2010 Graduate Student Association in Education
Vice president, communications
- Edpedia: Education research wiki reference
- University-Community Links (UC Berkeley, UC San Diego)
Activity Guides database design and development
Director of Outreach & Communications, Digital Media and STEAM Lab Teacher
- STEAM Lab: Course creator, curriculum developer and teacher of a novel course which infused the arts into Science, Technology, Engineering, and Mathematics (STEM) education.
- Amateur Radio on the International Space Station (ARISS): Project leader for the school’s involvement with NASA’s Teaching From Space program. Facilitated students’ direct radio contact with an astronaut aboard the International Space Station.
- Digital Voyage: Teacher of digital media production class for high school students. Course includes creation of video, Web and radio production.
- Anacapa Near Space Exploration Club: Faculty advisor to high school group which builds and launches Amateur Radio-equipped high-altitude balloons.
- Web site redesign: Held lead role in project to create a fully-redesigned Web site featuring interactive news, social links in a media-rich Web 2.0 environment.